Hanuma falls in a dilemma whether to console Seetha or to remain silent. Finally Hanuma decides to console Seetha, by eulogising Rama's attributes in a sweet voice, so that Seetha can give credence to his words.
हनुमान् अपि विक्रान्तः सर्वम् शुश्राव तत्त्वतः |
सीतायाः त्रिजटायाः च राक्षसीनाम् च तर्जनम् || ५-३०-१
1. vikraantaH = the valiant; hanumaanapi = Hanuma also; attvataH = truly; shushraava = heard; sarvam = all those words; siitaayaashcha = of Seetha; trijaTaayaashcha = of Trijata; tarjanam = and the threatening words; raakSasiinaam = of the female demons.
The valiant Hanuma also heard truly all those words of Seetha, Trijata and the threatening words of the female demons.
अवेक्षमाणः ताम् देवीम् देवताम् इव नन्दने |
ततो बहु विधाम् चिन्ताम् चिन्तयामास वानरः || ५-३०-२
2. tataH = thereafter; avekSamaaNaH = seeing; taam deviim = that Seetha; devataamiva = as a divine lady; nandane = in the garden of Nanadana; vaanaraH = Hanuma; chintayaamaasa = reflected; chintaam = his thought; bahuvidhaam = in various ways.
Thereafter, seeing that Seetha as a divine lady in the garden of Nandana, Hanuma echoed his thought in various ways.
याम् कपीनाम् सहस्राणि सुबहूनि अयुतानि च |
दिक्षु सर्वासु मार्गन्ते सा इयम् आसादिता मया || ५-३०-३
3. yaam = which Seetha; maargante = is being searched; sarvaasu = in all; dikSu = directions; subahuum = by many; sahasraaNi = thousans; ayutaani cha = and myriads; kapiinaam = of monkeys; saa iyam = the same Seetha; aasaaditaa = has been found; mayaa = by me.
"Which Seetha is being searched in all directions by many thousands and myriads of monkeys, the same Seetha has been found by me."
चारेण तु सुयुक्तेन शत्रोः शक्तिम् अवेक्षिता |
गूढेन चरता तावत् अवेक्षितम् इदम् मया || ५-३०-४
4. mayaa = by me; suyuktena = employed thoughtfully (by my Master); chaareNa = as a secret agent; charataa = and gone about; guuDhena = secretly; shatroH shakti vyapekSya = in my view to ascertain the enemy's strength; idam = this; avekSitam taavat = has been perceived.
"By me, employed thoughtfully (by my Master) as a secret agent and gone about secretly with a view to ascertain the enemy's strength, this has been perceived.
राक्षसानाम् विशेषः च पुरी च इयम् अवेक्षिता |
राक्षस अधिपतेः अस्य प्रभावो रावणस्य च || ५-३०-५
5. visheSashcha = the characteristics of; raakSasaanaam = demons; iyam = this; puriicha = town; prabhaavashcha = and the power; raavaNasya = of Ravana; raakSasaadhipate = the king of demons; avekSitaa = have been perceived (by me).
"The characteristics of demons, this town and the power of the king of demons, Ravana, have been perceived by me."
युक्तम् तस्य अप्रमेयस्य सर्व सत्त्व दयावतः |
समाश्वासयितुम् भार्याम् पतिदर्शन कान्क्षिणीम् || ५-३०-६
6. yuktam = It is proper; samaashvaasayitum patidarshanakaankSiNiim = to console her who is desirous of seeing her husband; bhaaryaam = the wife; tasya = of Rama; sarva sattva dayaavataH = who is compassionate towards all beings; aprameyasya = and who is of immeasurable might.
"It is proper for me to console the wife of Rama, desirous of seeing her husband who is compassionate towards all beings and who is of immeasurable might."
अहम् आश्वासयामि एनाम् पूर्ण चन्द्र निभ आननाम् |
अदृष्ट दुह्खाम् दुह्खस्य न हि अन्तम् अधिगच्छतीम् || ५-३०-७
7. aham = I; aashvaasayaam = shall console; enaam = this woman; puurNachandra nibhaananaam = whose face resembles a full moon; adR^iSTa duHkhaam = who is having an unforeseen affliction; duHkhaartam = who is tormented by grief; agachchhatiim = who is tormented by grief; duHkhasya antam = the end of her affliction.
"I shall console this woman, whose face resembles a full moon, who is having an unforeseen affliction, who is tormented by grief and who is not attaining the end to her affliction."
यदि हि अहम् इमाम् देवीम् शोक उपहत चेतनाम् |
अनाश्वास्य गमिष्यामि दोषवत् गमनम् भवेत् || ५-३०-८
8. aham yadi gamiSyaami = If I return; anaashvaasya = without consoling; imaam deviim = this Seetha; the wife of Rama; shokopahata chetanaamapi = even though her mind is tormented by grief; gamanam = my departure; bhavet = becomes; doSavat = blemished.
"If I return without consoling this Seetha, the wife of Rama, even though her mind is tormented by grief, my departure becomes blemished."
गते हि मयि तत्र इयम् राज पुत्री यशस्विनी |
परित्राणम् अविन्दन्ती जानकी जीवितम् त्यजेत् || ५-३०-९
9. mayi gate = when I return; tatra = there; yashashvinii = the illustrious; raajaputrii = princess; janakii = Seetha; tyajet = may give up; jiivitam = her life; avindantii = not finding; paritraaNaam = a rescue.
"Not finding a rescue when I return to Kishkindha, the illustrious princess Seetha may give up her life."
मया च स महाबाहुः पूर्ण चन्द्र निभ आननः |
समाश्वासयितुम् न्याय्यः सीता दर्शन लालसः || ५-३०-१०
10. saH = that Rama; mahaa baahuH = the long armed; puurNachandra nibhaananaH = with the countenance of a full moon; siitaadarrshana laalasaH = eagerly longing for seeing Seetha; nyaayyaH = is fit; samaashvaasayitum = to be consoled by me.
"That long-armed Rama having the countenance of a full moon, eagerly longing to see Seetha, is fit to be consoled by me."
निशा चरीणाम् प्रत्यक्षम् अक्षमम् च अभिभाषणम् |
कथम् नु खलु कर्तव्यम् इदम् कृच्छ्र गतो हि अहम् || ५-३०-११
11. anarham = It is not proper; abhibhaaSitum = speak (with her); pratyakSam = within the sight of nishaachariiNaam = the female-demon; katham = how; idam = is this; kartvyam khalu nu = indeed to be done?; aham = I; kR^ichchhragato hi = am indeed perplexed.
"It is not proper to speak with her within the sight of these female-demons. How indeed is this to be done? I am indeed perplexed."
अनेन रात्रि शेषेण यदि न आश्वास्यते मया |
सर्वथा न अस्ति संदेहः परित्यक्ष्यति जीवितम् || ५-३०-१२
12. naashvaasyate yadi = If she is not consoled; mayaa = by me; anena raatri sheSeNa = during the rest of this night; parityakSyati = she will forsake; jiivitam = her life; sarvathaa = by all means; naasti = there is no; sandehaH = doubt.
"If she is not consoled by me during the rest of this night, she will forsake her life by all means. There is no doubt about it."
रामः च यदि पृच्छेन् माम् किम् माम् सीता अब्रवीत् वचः |
किम् अहम् तम् प्रतिब्रूयाम् असम्भाष्य सुमध्यमाम् || ५-३०-१३
13. raamashcha pR^ichchhedyadi = If Rama enquires of; maam = me; kim = (as to) what; vachaH = words; siitaa abraviit = did Seetha speak; maam = about me; kim = what; aham bruuyaam = can I speak; tam prati = about that Rama; asambhaaSya = without speaking; sumadhyamaam = to this Seetha; the slender waisted lady.
"If Rama enquires of me as to what words did Seetha speak about him, what can I say to Rama without speaking now to this Seetha, the slender-waisted lady?"
सीता संदेश रहितम् माम् इतः त्वरया गतम् |
निर्दहेत् अपि काकुत्स्थः क्रुद्धः तीव्रेण चक्षुषा || ५-३०-१४
14. maam = to me; gatam = returning; tvarayaa = in haste; itaH = from here; siitaa sandesha rahitam = without carrying Seetha's message; kaakutthsaH = Rama; kruddhaH = getting irritated; nirdahedapi = will burn me up; tiivreNa chakSuSaa = with his pungent eyes.
"To me returning in haste from here without carrying Seetha's message Rama may get irritated and burn me up with his pungent eyes."
यदि चेत् योजयिष्यामि भर्तारम् राम कारणात् |
व्यर्थम् आगमनम् तस्य ससैन्यस्य भविष्यति || ५-३०-१५
15. yadi cha udyojayiSyaami bhartaaram = even if I instigate my master Sugreeva to do his best; raamakaaraNaat = in the cause of Rama; tasya = his; aagamanam = arrival; sasainyasya = with an army; bhaviSyati = will be vyartham = futile.
"Even if I instigate my master Sugreeva to do his best in the cause of Rama, his arrival here with an army will be futile."
अन्तरम् तु अहम् आसाद्य राक्षसीनाम् इह स्थितः |
शनैः आश्वासयिष्यामि सम्ताप बहुलाम् इमाम् || ५-३०-१६
16. sthitaH = staying; iha = here; aasaadya = getting hold of; antaram = an opportunity; raakSasiinaam = even in the midst of the female-demons; aham = I; shanaiH = shall slowly; aashvaasayiSyaami = console; imaam = her; samtaapa baahuLaam = who is very much in distress.
"Staying here itself and getting hold of an opportunity even in the midst of the female-demons (when they are in attentive), I shall slowly console Seetha who is very much in distress."
अहम् हि अतितनुः चैव वनरः च विशेषतः |
वाचम् च उदाहरिष्यामि मानुषीम् इह संस्कृताम् || ५-३०-१७
17. aham tu = I; however; atitanushcha = am very small; visheSataH = and particularly vaanarashcha = a money; iha = and now; udaahariSyaami = can speak; samskR^itaam = Sanskrit; maanuSiim = the human; vaachumcha = langugae too.
"However, I am very small in stature, particularly as a monkey and can speak now Sanskrit, the human language too."
यदि वाचम् प्रदास्यामि द्विजातिः इव संस्कृताम् |
रावणम् मन्यमाना माम् सीता भीता भविष्यति || ५-३०-१८
वानरस्य विशेषेण कथं स्यादभिभाषणम्म् |
18. pradaasyaami yadi = If I use; samkR^itaam vaacham = Sankrit language; dvijaatiriva = like a brahmin; siitaa = Seetha; bhiita bhaviSyati = well become frightened; masyamaanaa = thinking; maam = me; raavaNam = as Ravana; visheSeNa = especially; vaanarasya = for a monkey; katham = how; syaat = can it be; abhibhaaSaNam = spoken?
"If I use Sanskrit language like a brahmin, Seetha will get frightened, thinking me as Ravana. Especially, how can a monkey speak it?"
अवश्यम् एव वक्तव्यम् मानुषम् वाक्यम् अर्थवत् || ५-३०-१९
मया सान्त्वयितुम् शक्या न अन्यथा इयम् अनिन्दिता |
19. avashyameva = certainly; arthavat = meaningful words; maanuSam = of a human being; vaktavyam = are to be spoken; mayaa = by me; anyathaa = otherwise; iyam = she; aninditaa = the irreproachable; na shakyaa = cannot be; saantvayitum = consoled.
"Certainly, meaningful words of a human being are to be spoken by me. Otherwise, the virtuous Seetha cannot be consoled."
सा इयम् आलोक्य मे रूपम् जानकी भाषितम् तथा || ५-३०-२०
रक्षोभिः त्रासिता पूर्वम् भूयः त्रासम् गमिष्यति |
20. aalokya = looking at; me = my; ruupam = figure; tathaa = and; bhaaSitam = language; jaanakii = Seetha; gamiSyati = will get; tvaasam = fear; bhuuyaH = again; saaiyam = she who; traasitaa = who was frightened; puurvam = previously; rakSobhiH = by demons.
"Looking at my figure and the language, Seetha who was already frightened previously by the demons, will get frightened again."
ततो जात परित्रासा शब्दम् कुर्यान् मनस्विनी || ५-३०-२१
जानमाना विशाल अक्षी रावणम् काम रूपिणम् |
21. tataH = thereafter; vishaalaakSi = this large-eyed Seetha; manasvinii = who is full of mind; jaanaana = thinking; maam = me; raavaNam = as Ravana; kaama ruupiNam = who can assume any form at will; kuryaat = and may make; shabdam = a noise; jaata partitraasaa = engendered by fear.
"Thereafter, this large-eyed Seetha who is full of mind, thinking me as Ravana who can assume any form at will, may shout loudly, engendered by fear."
सीतया च कृते शब्दे सहसा राक्षसी गणः || ५-३०-२२
नाना प्रहरणो घोरः समेयात् अन्तक उपमः |
22. sahasaa = as soon as; shabde = the noise; kR^ite = is made; siitayaa = by Seetha; raakSasiigaNaH = a troop of female-demons; ghoraH = dreadful; antakopamaH = as Yama the Lord of Death; sameyaat = may assemble (here); naanaapraharaNaH = wielding various kinds of weapons.
"As soon as Seetha shouts loudly, a troop of female-demons, wielding various kinds of weapons and appearing dreadful as Yama the Lord of Death, may assemble here."
ततो माम् सम्परिक्षिप्य सर्वतो विकृत आननाः || ५-३०-२३
वधे च ग्रहणे चैव कुर्युः यत्नम् यथा बलम् |
23. tataH = then; vikR^itaananaH = those female demons with their ugly faces; samparikSipya = may encircle; maam = me; sarvataH = from all sides; kuryuH = and make; yatnam = an effort; grahaNe chaiva = to catch; vadhecha = and kill (me); yathaabalam = with all their might.
"Then those ugly faced female-demons may encircle me from all sides and try to catch and kill me with all their might."
गृह्य शाखाः प्रशाखाश्च स्कन्धांश्चोत्तमशाखिनाम् || ५-३०-२४
दृष्ट्वा विपरिधावन्तं भवेयुर्भयशङ्किताः |
24. dR^iSTyaa = seeing; viparidhaavantam = me running; hitter and thither; gR^ihya = grasping; shaakhaaH = big branches; prashaakhaashcha = small branches; skandhaamshcha = and trunks; uttamashaakhinaam = of excellent trees; bhaveyuH = they may become; bhaya shaNkitaaH = alarmed with fear.
"Then, seeing me running hither and thither, seizing big branches, twigs and trunks of excellent trees, they may get alarmed with fear."
मम रूपम् च सम्प्रेक्ष्य वनम् विचरतो महत् || ५-३०-२५
राक्षस्यो भय वित्रस्ता भवेयुः विकृत आननाः |
25. raakSasyaH = the female-demons; vikR^itaananaaH = with their ugly faces; bhaveyuH = will be; bhayavitrastaaH = frightened with fear; samprekSye = by seeing mama = my; mahat = huge; ruupam = figure; vicharataH = wandering; vane = in the grove.
"The ugly faced female-demons will be frightened with fear, after seeing my huge figure wandering in the grove."
ततः कुर्युः समाह्वानम् राक्षस्यो रक्षसाम् अपि || ५-३०-२६
राक्षस इन्द्र नियुक्तानाम् राक्षस इन्द्र निवेशने |
26. tataH = then; raakSasyaH = the female demons; kuryuH samaahvaanam = may invite; rakSasaam api = other demons also; raakSasendra niyuktaanaam = retained by Ravana; raakSasendra niveshane = in the house of Ravana.
"Then those female-demons may call the other demons too retained by Ravana in his house."
ते शूल शर निस्त्रिंश विविध आयुध पाणयः || ५-३०-२७
आपतेयुः विमर्दे अस्मिन् वेगेन उद्विग्न कारिणः |
27. te = those female-demons; udvega kaaraNaat = with an element of turbulence; vegena = and in the speed; aapateyuH = may rush into; asmin = this; vimarde = battle; shuula shakti nistrimsha vividhaayudha paaNayaH = with various kinds of weapons like spears; lances and swords.
"Those female-demons with an element of turbulence and rapidity may rush into a battle with various kinds of weapons like spears lances and swords."
सम्क्रुद्धः तैः तु परितो विधमन् रक्षसाम् बलम् || ५-३०-२८
शक्नुयम् न तु सम्प्राप्तुम् परम् पारम् महाउदधेः |
28. samruddhaH = obstructed tightly; paritaH = around; taiH = by them; na shaknuyaam = I may not be able; sampraaptum = to reach; param paaram = the other shore; mahodadhe = of the great ocean; vidhaman = while destroying; balam = the army; rakSasaam = of demons.
"Surrounded on all sides by them, I may not be able to reach the other shore of the great ocean, while destroying the army of demons."
माम् वा गृह्णीयुः आप्लुत्य बहवः शीघ्र कारिणः || ५-३०-२९
स्यात् इयम् च अगृहीत अर्था मम च ग्रहणम् भवेत् |
29. bahavaH = many demons; shiighra kaariNaH = operating speedily; gR^ihNiiyuH vaa = may capture; maam = me; aaplutya = having jumped up; iyam cha = this Seetha; syaat = may be; agR^ihiitaarthaa = not comprehending the sense mama = my; grahaNamcha = capture too; bhavet = may occur.
"Or having jumped up (over me) many demons operating speedily may capture me. Then, Seetha may not be able to know the occurrence of my arrival. Even I may get captured too."
हिंसा अभिरुचयो हिंस्युः इमाम् वा जनक आत्मजाम् || ५-३०-३०
विपन्नम् स्यात् ततः कार्यम् राम सुग्रीवयोः इदम् |
30. vaa = or; himsaabhiruchayaH = the violent-minded demons; himsyuH = may kill; imaam = this; jaanakaatmajam = Seetha; tataH = consequently; idam = this; kaaryam = work; raama sugriivayoH = of Rama and Sugreeva; vipannam syaat = will be ruined.
"Or the violent minded demons may kill this Seetha. Consequently this work of Rama and Sugreeva will be ruined."
उद्देशे नष्ट मार्गे अस्मिन् राक्षसैः परिवारिते || ५-३०-३१
सागरेण परिक्षिप्ते गुप्ते वसति जानकी |
31. jaanakii = Seetha; vasati = is residing; asmin = in this; gupte = secret; uddeshe = place; naSTa maarge = with concealed access; parivaarite = surrounded; raakSasaiH = by demons; parikSipte = and encircled; saagareNa = by ocean.
"Seetha is residing in this secret place, with a concealed access, surrounded by demons and encircled by an ocean."
विशस्ते वा गृहीते वा रक्षोभिः मयि सम्युगे || ५-३०-३२
न अन्यम् पश्यामि रामस्य सहायम् कार्य साधने |
32. mayi vishaste = If I am killed; samyuge = in the battle; vaa = or; gR^ihite vaa = captured; rakSobhiH = by the demons; na pashyaami = I do not see; anyam = any other; sahaayam = companion; raamasya = for Rama; kaarya saadhane = in fulfilling this work (of searching for Seetha).
"If I am killed in the battle or got captured by the demons, I do not see any other companion for Rama who can fulfill this work (of searching for Seetha)."
विमृशन् च न पश्यामि यो हते मयि वानरः || ५-३०-३३
शत योजन विस्तीर्णम् लन्घयेत महाउदधिम् |
33. vimR^ishan cha = even after due reflection; na pashyaami = I do not see; yaH = any; vaanaraH = monkey; laN^ghayeta = who can transgress; mahodadhim = the ocean; shata yojana vistiirNam = with a breadth od one hundred yoganas; mayihate = if i got killed."
"Even after due reflection, I do not see any monkey who can transgress the ocean with a breadth of one hundred Yojanas, in case I am killed."
कामम् हन्तुम् समर्थो अस्मि सहस्राणि अपि रक्षसाम् || ५-३०-३४
न तु शक्ष्यामि सम्प्राप्तुम् परम् पारम् महाउदधेः |
33. vimR^ishan cha = even after due reflection; na pashyaami = I do not see; yaH = any; vaanaraH = monkey; laN^ghayeta = who can transgress; mahodadhim = the ocean; shata yojana vistiirNam = with a breadth of one hundred yoganas; mayihate = if i got killed."
"I am competent to kill even thousands of demons. I am quite sure. But, after doing such a large battle, I may not be capable of reaching the other shore of the ocean."
असत्यानि च युद्धानि संशयो मे न रोचते || ५-३०-३५
कः च निह्संशयम् कार्यम् कुर्यात् प्राज्ञः ससंशयम् |
35. yuddhaani = conflicts; asatyaani cha = are unreal too; me = to me; na rochate = there is no desire; samshayaH = for uncertainty; kaH = which; praaJNyaH = intellectual; kuryaat = will do; niH samshayam = an assured; kaaryam = act; sasamshayam = with a doubt?"
'Conflicts are unreal too and to me, there is no desire for uncertainty. which intellectual will do an assured act with an apprehension?"
एष दोषो महान् हि स्यान् मम सीता अभिभाषणे || ५-३०-३६
प्राण त्यागः च वैदेह्या भवेत् अनभिभाषणे |
36. anabhibhaaSaNe = If I do not talk; bhavet = there will be; vaidehyaaH = Seetha's; praaNatyaagaH = death; siitaabhibhaaSaNe = If I talk to Seetha; eSaH = this; mahaan = great; doSaH = lapse; syaat = will occur.
"If I do not talk, there will be Seetha's death. If I talk to Seetha, this great lapse will occur."
भूताः च अर्था विनश्यन्ति देश काल विरोधिताः || ५-३०-३७
विक्लवम् दूतम् आसाद्य तमः सूर्य उदये यथा |
37. arthaaH = actions; bhuutaaH = which are going to be accomplished; vinashyanti = get spoiled; aasaadya = having reached (the hands of); viklabam = a confused; duutam = messenger; desha kaala virodhitaaH = when they are set in opposition to time and space; tamaH yathaa = even as darkness (disappears); suuryodaye = at sun-rise.
"Actions which are going to be accomplished shortly, get spoiled at the hands of a accomplished shortly, get spoiled at the hands of a confused messenger, when the actions are set in opposition to time and space, even as darkness disappears at sun rise."
अर्थ अनर्थ अन्तरे बुद्धिः निश्चिता अपि न शोभते || ५-३०-३८
घातयन्ति हि कार्याणि दूताः पण्डित मानिनः |
38. buddhiH = Intellect; na shobhate = does not shine; artha anarthaantare = between worthy and worthless acts; nishchitaapi = even if a decision is taken; duutaaH = messengers; paN^Dita maaninaH = boasting themselves as learned; ghaatayanti hi = indeed ruin; kaaryaaNi = the actions.
"Even if a decision is taken, regarding what is worthy and what is worthless, it does not yield good results. Messengers boasting themselves to be learned, thus indeed ruin those actions."
न विनश्येत् कथम् कार्यम् वैक्लव्यम् न कथम् भवेत् || ५-३०-३९
लन्घनम् च समुद्रस्य कथम् नु न वृथा भवेत् |
39. katham nu = How; kaaryam = (does) the work; na vinashyate = not get spoiled?; katham = how; vaiklabyam = the feebleness; na bhavet = can not occur?; katham nu = also how; lamghanam cha = my leaping across the sea; na bhavet = does not become; vR^ithaa = vain?"
"How does not my work get spoiled? How should I avoid my feebleness? Also how does not my leaping across the sea become vain?"
कथम् नु खलु वाक्यम् मे शृणुयान् न उद्विजेत च || ५-३०-४०
इति संचिन्त्य हनुमान् चकार मतिमान् मतिम् |
40. katham nu = how (can Seetha); shR^iNuyaat = hear; me vaakyam = my words?; na udvijetavaa = or without fear; samchintya = thinking; iti = in this way; matimaan = the wise; hanumaan = Hanuma; chakaara = made up; matim = (his) mind (as follows):
"How can Seetha hear my words without fear?" Thinking in this way, the wise Hanuma made up his mind (as follows):
रामम् अक्लिष्ट कर्माणम् स्व बन्धुम् अनुकीर्तयन् || ५-३०-४१
न एनाम् उद्वेजयिष्यामि तत् बन्धु गत मानसाम् |
41. anukiirtayan = If I enlogige; raamam = Rama; akliSTa karmaaNam = who is unwearied in action; subandhum = and a good relation; nodvejayiSyaami = I shall not frighten; enaam = her; tadbandhugatamaanasaam = whose mind is directed towards that relation.
"If I eulogize Rama, who is unwearied in action and a good relation, I shall not frighten her, whose mind is directed towards that relation."
इक्ष्वाकूणाम् वरिष्ठस्य रामस्य विदित आत्मनः || ५-३०-४२
शुभानि धर्म युक्तानि वचनानि समर्पयन् |
श्रावयिष्यामि सर्वाणि मधुराम् प्रब्रुवन् गिरम् || ५-३०-४३
श्रद्धास्यति यथा हि इयम् तथा सर्वम् समादधे |
42; 43. samarpayan = offering; shubhaani = auspicious; dharma yuktaani = righteous; vachanaani = words; raamasya = about Rama; variSThasya = the most excellent man; ikSvaakuuNaam = in Ikshvaaku dynasty; viditaatmanaH = and possessing a learned soul; prabruvan = and speaking; madhuraam = in a sweet; giram = voice; samaadade shraavayiSyaami sarvaani = I shall make everything intelligible; iyam = that Seetha; yathaa tathaa = rightly; shraddhaasyati = believes; sarvam = everything.
"Offering auspicious and righteous words about Rama the most excellent prince Ikshvaku dynasty who possesses a learned soul and myself speaking in a sweet voice, I shall make everything intelligible so that Seetha rightly believes everything."
इति स बहु विधम् महाअनुभावो |
जगति पतेः प्रमदाम् अवेक्षमाणः |
मधुरम् अवितथम् जगाद वाक्यम् |
द्रुम विटप अन्तरम् आस्थितो || ५-३०-४४
44. saH hanumaan = that Hanuma; mahaanubhaavaH = of noble mind; aasthitaH = abiding; druma viTapaantaram = in the midst of the twigs of the trees; avekSamaaNaH = and seeing; pramadaam = the wife; jagatipate = of Rama; the Lord of the Earth; jagaade = spoke; iti = thus; vaakyam = the words; bahuvidham = of many kinds; avitatham = which were not futile.
The noble-minded Hanuman, abiding in the midst of the twigs of the trees and seeing Seetha, spoke the following words of many kinds which were not futile.
- - -
इत्यार्षे श्रीमद्रामायणे आदिकाव्ये सुन्दरकाण्डे त्रिंशः सर्गः
|Top of Page||1||2||3||4|
© September, 2005, K. M. K. Murthy
Check here for
powered by Go FTP FREE Software