Angada suggest with enthusiasm that Seetha must be restored by them only, after conquering Lanka. But Jambavan replies that it is not proper for them to do like that without enquiring about Rama's intention.
तस्य तत् वचनम् श्रुत्वा वालि सूनुः अभाषत |
अयुक्तम् तु विना देवीम् दृष्ट्वद्भिश्च वानराः || ५-६०-१
समीपम् गन्तुमस्माभी राघवस्य महात्मनः |
1. shrutvaa = hearing; tat vachanam = those words; tasya = of Hanuma; vaalisuunuH = Angada the son of Vali; abhaaSata = spoke (as follows); dR^iSTadbhiH = even after Seetha was seen; asmaabhiH = by us; ayuktamcha = it is not proper; gantum = to go; mahaatmanaH raaghavasya samiipam = to the vicinity of the high-souled Rama; deviim vinaa = without the princess; vaanaraaH = O monkeys.
Hearing those words of Hanuma, Angada the son of Vali spoke as follows: "Even after our seeing of Seetha, it is not proper for us to approach the high-souled Rama without taking Seetha with us."
दृष्टा देवी न च आनीता इति तत्र निवेदनम् || ५-६०-२
अयुक्तम् इव पश्यामि भवद्भिः ख्यात विक्रमैः |
2. pashyaami = I perceive it; ayuktam iva = as improper; nivedanam = to inform; tatra = there; iti = that; devii = Seetha the princess; dR^iSTaa = though seen; bhavadbhiH = by you; khyaata vikramaiH = of renowned prowess; sa aamiitaa cha = has not been brought (here).
"I perceive it as improper to inform there that Seetha the princess, though seen by you of renowned prowess, has not been brought here."
न हि वः प्लवते कश्चिन् न अपि कश्चित् पराक्रमे || ५-६०-३
तुल्यः सामर दैत्येषु लोकेषु हरि सत्तमाः |
3. hari sattamaaH = O the best of monkeys!; na kashchit = no one; tulyaH = is equal; naH = to us; paraakrame.api = even in prowess; na hi kashchit = nor indeed any one; plavane = in leaping; lokeSu = in the worlds; saamara daityeSu = comprising of celestials or demons.
"O the best of monkeys! No one is equal to us even in our prowess nor indeed anyone who can leap like us in the worlds either of celestials or demons."
तेष्व् एवम् हत वीरेषु राक्षसेषु हनूमता || ५-६०-४
किम् अन्यत् अत्र कर्तव्यम् गृहीत्वा याम जानकीम् |
4. teSu = those; raakSaseSu = demons; hataviireSu = whose warriors have been killed; evam = thus; hanuumataa = by Hanuma; kim anyat = what else; kartavyam = can be done; atra = in this matter?; yaama = we shall go; gR^ihiitvaa = after taking; jaanakiim = Janaki.
"Hanuma indeed thus killed all the warriors among the demons. What work is remaining to be done by us? We will go, after taking Janaki."
तम् एवम् कृत सम्कल्पम् जाम्बवान् हरि सत्तमः || ५-६०-५
उवाच परम प्रीतो वाक्यम् अर्थवत् अर्थवित् |
5. jaambavaan = Jambavan; harisattamaH = the foremost among the forest-animals; arthavit = understanding the sense; parama priitaH = was very much pleased; uvaacha = and spoke; arthavat vaakyam = (the following) meaningful words; tam = to that Angada; evam kR^ita samkalpam = who thus formed a resolution.
Jambavan, the foremost among the forest-animals, understanding the sense, was very much pleased and spoke the following meaningful words to that Angada, who thus formed a resolution.
न तावत् एषा मतिः अक्षमा नो |
यथा भवान् पश्यति राज पुत्र |
यथा तु रामस्य मतिः निविष्टा |
तथा भवान् पश्यतु कार्य सिद्धिम् || ५-६०-६
6. raaja putra = O prince!; eSaa = this; matiH = thought; bhavaan yathaa pashyati = you thus perceive; akSamaa na taavat = is not in competent; naH = of us; tu = but; bhavaan = you; pashyat = see; yaathaa tathaa = in which way; raamasya matiH = Rama's inclination; nivishTa = will be; kaarya siddhim = for the fulfillment of the object.
"O prince! This thought you thus perceive is not incompetent of us. But, you must see the way in which Rama's inclination would be, for the accomplishment of the object."
- - -
इत्यार्षे श्रीमद्रामायणे श्रीमद्रामायणे आदिकाव्ये सुन्दरकाण्डे षष्टितमः सर्गः
|Top of Page||1||2||3||4|
© September, 2006, K. M. K. Murthy
What the world says about
further information concerning
The Fastest SFTP (SSH) anywhere, FREE Go FTP Client