The monkeys enter Madhuvana and partake the honey in plenty, as permitted by Hanuma and Angada. Singing and dancing as if in a drunken state, the monkeys were obstructed by those guarding the grove. The terrific monkeys warded off the guards, nay, they even dragged them by their knees and tossed them up in the air. The guards then went to Dadhimukha, the chief of the garden-guards and complained him of the matter. Dadhimukha along with his followers appears on the scene and invade the monkeys with trees and rocks. Angada thrashed Dadhimukha with his arms and made him fall on the ground. Dadhimukha along with his followers then proceed to Kishkindha to report the matter to him. Dadhimukha bows down and touches Sugreeva's feet as a mark of salutation.
तान् उवाच हरि श्रेष्ठो हनूमान् वानर ऋषभः |
अव्यग्र मनसो यूयम् मधु सेवत वानराः || ५-६२-१
अहमावारयिष्यामि युष्माकम् परिपन्थिनः |
1. hanumaan = Hanuma; vaanararSabhaH = like a bull among the monkeys; harishreSThaH and the foremost among them; uvaacha = spoke; taan = to them (as follows); vaanaraaH = O monkeys!; yuuyam = you; sevata = cherish; madhu = the honey; avyagramanasaH = with a cool mind; aham = I; aavaarayiSyaami = will keep off; yuSmaakam = your; paripanthinaH = opposer who is standing in your way.
Hanuma, like a bull among the monkeys and the foremost among them spoke to them as follows: "Cherish the honey with a cool mind, O monkeys! I will keep off your opposer who is standing in your way."
श्रुत्वा हनुमतो वाक्यम् हरीणाम् प्रवरो अन्गदः || ५-६२-२
प्रत्युवाच प्रसन्न आत्मा पिबन्तु हरयो मधु |
2. shrutvaa = hearing; vaakyam = the words; hanumataH = of Hanuma; prasannaatmaa = the gracious minded; aN^gadaH = Angada; pratyuvaacha = repeated the following words; harayaH = (Let) the monkeys; pibantu = drink; madhu = the honey.
Hearing the words of Hanuma, the gracious minded Angada the principal among the monkeys repeated the words: "Let the monkeys drink the honey."
अवश्यम् कृत कार्यस्य वाक्यम् हनुमतो मया || ५-६२-३
अकार्यम् अपि कर्तव्यम् किम् अन्ग पुनः ईदृशम् |
3. vaakyam = the words; akaaryam api = though improper; kR^ita kaaryasya = who has accomplished his work; to be obliged; avashyam = certainly; mayaa = by me; kim aN^ga = wherefore then; iidR^isham punaH = moreover; on such an occasion?
"The words, though improper of Hanuma who had accomplished his task, are to be obliged certainly by me. Wherefore then, moreover, on such an occasion?"
अन्दगस्य मुखात् श्रुत्वा वचनम् वानर ऋषभाः || ५-६२-४
साधु साध्व् इति सम्हृष्टा वानराः प्रत्यपूजयन् |
4. shrutvaa = hearing; vachaH = the words; mukhaat = coming from the mouth; aN^gadasya = of Angada; vaanaraaH = those monkeys; vaanarShabhaaH = who were like bulls among the monkeys; samhR^iSTaaH = were delighted; pratya puujayan = and answered with reverence; saadhu saadhv iti = saying 'good; good!'
Hearing the words coming from the mouth of Angada, those monkeys who were like bulls among the monkeys were delighted and answered with reverence, saying 'good, good!'
पूजयित्वा अन्गदम् सर्वे वानरा वानर ऋषभम् || ५-६२-५
जग्मुः मधु वनम् यत्र नदी वेग इव द्रुतम् |
5. puujayitvaa = reverencing; aN^gadam = Angada; vaanaraa R^iShabham = the foremost among the monkeys; sarve vaanaraaH = all the monkeys; jagmuH = went; yatra = to the place where; madhu vanam = Madhuvana; the grove abounding in honey was there; nadii vegaH iva = like rush of a river; drumam = towards a tree.
Reverencing Angada the foremost among the monkeys, all the monkeys rushed towards Madhuvana, the grove abounding in honey, like the rush of a river towards a tree.
ते प्रहृष्टा मधु वनम् पालान् आक्रम्य वीर्यतः || ५-६२-६
अतिसर्गाच् च पटवो दृष्ट्वा श्रुत्वा च मैथिलीम् |
पपुः सर्वे मधु तदा रसवत्फलमाददुः || ५-६२-७
6; 7. dR^iShTvaa = (because Hanuma) had seen Seetha; shrutvaa = and others had heard of her; atisargaacha cha = and because of grant of permission from Angada; te sarve paTavaH = all those gifted monkeys; prahR^iShTaaH = having entered; madhuvanam = Madhuvana the grove; aakramya paalaan = and overpowering themselves over the guards; viiryataH = with their prowess; vapuH = drank; madhu = the honey; tadaa = then; aadaduH = took; rasavat phalam = juicy fruits.
Because Hanuma had seen Seetha and others had heard of her and because of the grant of permission from Angada, all those gifted monkeys entered Madhuvana the grove, overpowered the guards with their prowess, drank honey and the partook juicy fruits there.
उत्पत्य च ततः सर्वे वन पालान् समागताः |
ताडयन्ति स्म शतशः सक्तान् मधु वने तदा || ५-६२-८
8. tadaa = then; sarve = all those monkeys; utpatya = having jumped; vanapaalaan = on the guards of the grove; samaagataan = who came; saktaan = together; shatashaH = in hundreds; tataH = and then; taaDayanti = banged them.
Then, all those monkeys jumped on the guards of the grove, who came there in hundreds together and banged them.
मधूनि द्रोण मात्राणि बहुभिः परिगृह्य ते |
पिबन्ति सहिताः सर्वे भक्षयन्ति तथा अपरे || ५-६२-९
9. sarve = all those monkeys; sahitaaH = together; parigR^ihya = taking; drone maatraaNi* madhuuni = vessels of honey; baahubhiH = in their arms; pibanti = drank them; apare = some others; nighnanti sma = banged (those who obstructed them).
All those monkeys together took vessels of honey in their arms and drank them. Some others banged those who obstructed them.
Drona= A wooden vessel containing 1024 Mushtis/fists of honey.
केचित् पीत्वा अपविध्यन्ति मधूनि मधु पिन्गलाः |
मधु उच्चिष्टेन केचिच् च जघ्नुः अन्योन्यम् उत्कटाः || ५-६२-१०
10. kechit = some monkeys; madhu piN^galaaH = with their skin-colour; as yellow as honey; piitvaa = having drunk; madhuuni = vessels of honey; pravidhyanti = were throwing (some honey) away; kechichcha = some others; madhu uchchhiShThena = with remnant of honey after drinking; jagmuH = whipped up; anyonyam = one another; utkaTaaH = with excessive intoxication.
Some monkeys, with their skin-colour as yellow as honey, after drinking vessels of honey, also threw some honey away. Some others, with the remnant of honey in their arms, after drinking, whipped up one another with their excessive intoxication.
अपरे वृक्ष मूलेषु शाखाम् गृह्य व्यवस्थितः |
अत्यर्थम् च मद ग्लानाः पर्णानि आस्तीर्य शेरते || ५-६२-११
11. apare = some others; gR^ihya = seizing; shaakhaam = a branch of a tree; vyavasthitaaH = settled; vR^ikSa muule = at the foot of a tree; atyartham mada glaanaaH = those who were highly intoxicated; sherate = laid down; aastiirNa parNaani = spreading leaves.
Some others, seizing a branch of a tree, stood rooted at the foot of a tree. Some, who were highly intoxicated, laid down spreading leaves on the ground.
उन्मत्त भूताः प्लवगा मधु मत्ताः च हृष्टवत् |
क्षिपन्ति अपि तथा अन्योन्यम् स्खलन्ति अपि तथा अपरे || ५-६२-१२
12. plavagaaH = monkeys; madhu mattaaH = intoxicated with the drinking of honey; unmatta bhuutaaH = became inebriated; kShipanti = and were pushing; anyonyam = one another; hR^iShTavat = cheerfully; tathaa = and; apare = some others; skhalanti cha = began to stumble.
Those monkeys, who were intoxicated by drinking the honey, became inebriated and started pushing one another cheerfully and some others began to stumble.
केचित् क्ष्वेडान् प्रकुर्वन्ति केचित् कूजन्ति हृष्टवत् |
हरयो मधुना मत्ताः केचित् सुप्ता मही तले || ५-६२-१३
13. kechit = some; prakurvanti = were making; kShveDaan = lion's roars; kechit = some; hR^iShTavat = with joy; kuujanti = whistled like birds; kechit harayaH = some; madhunaa = with honey; suptaaH = slept; mahii tale = on the floor.
Some were roaring like lions. Some, with joy, whistled like birds. Some monkeys, inebriated as they were by drinking honey, simply slept on the floor.
कृत्वा केचिर्धसन्त्यन्ये केचित्कुर्वन्ति चेतरत् |
कृत्वा केचिद्वदन्त्यन्ये केचिद्बुध्यन्ति चेतरत् || ५-६२-१४
14. kR^itvaa = doing something or other; kechit = some; hasanti = were laughing; anye kechit = some others; kurvanti = were doing; itarat = something else; kechit = some; vadanti = were telling; kR^itvaa = what they were doing; anye kechit = some others; budhyanti = were understanding; itarat = something else.
Doing something or other, some were laughing. Some others were doing something else. Some were telling what they were doing, while some others were understanding some things else.
ये अपि अत्र मधु पालाः स्युः प्रेष्या दधि मुखस्य तु |
ते अपि तैः वानरैः भीमैः प्रतिषिद्धा दिशो गताः || ५-६२-१५
15. madhu paalaaH = the honey-keepers; ye = who; syuH = were there; preShyaaH = as messengers; dadhimukhasya = of Dadhimukha; te.api = they also; atra = in that Madhuvana; pratiShiddhaaH = were warded off; bhiimaiH vaanaraiH = by the terrific monkeys; gataaH = and went; dishaH = towards different directions.
The honey-keepers, who were there as messengers of Dadhimukha in that Madhuvana, were warded off by the terrific monkeys and they fled to different directions.
जानुभिः च प्रकृष्टाः च देव मार्गम् च दर्शिताः |
अब्रुवन् परम उद्विग्ना गत्वा दधि मुखम् वचः || ५-६२-१६
16. prakR^iSTaaH = dragged; jaanubhiH = by their knees; pradarshitaaH = those honey-keepers who were shown; deva maargam = the air; parama udvignaaH = were very much depressed; gatvaa = and having gone; dadhimukham = to Dadhimukha; abruvan vachaH = spoke the (following) words.
Dragged by their knees and tossed up in the air by the monkeys, those honey-keepers were very much depressed, went to Dadhimukha and complained as follows:
हनूमता दत्त वरैः हतम् मधु वनम् बलात् |
वयम् च जानुभिः कृष्टा देव मार्गम् च दर्शिताः || ५-६२-१७
17. data varaiH hanuumataa = by the monkeys; as they were granted a boon by Hanuma; madhu vanam = Madhuvana; hatam = was destroyed; balaat = violently; vayamcha = we; kR^iShTaaH = were dragged; jaanuubhiH = by our knees; darshitaaH = and were shown; deva maargam = the air.
"The monkeys, as permitted by Hanuma, violently destroyed Madhuvana. We were dragged by our knees and further tossed up in the air."
ततो दधि मुखः क्रुद्धो वनपः तत्र वानरः |
हतम् मधु वनम् श्रुत्वा सान्त्वयामास तान् हरीन् || ५-६२-१८
18. shrutvaa = hearing; madhu vanam = (that) Madhuvana; hatam = was damaged; dadhimukhaH = Dadhimukha; vanapaH = the grove-protector; tatra = there; kruddhaH = was enraged; tataH = and thereafter; saantvayaamaasa = consoled; taan hariin = those monkeys.
Hearing that Madhuvana was damaged, Dadhimukha, the grove-protector there was enraged and thereafter consoled those monkeys (as follows):
इह आगच्छत गच्छामो वानरान् अतिदर्पितान् |
बलेन आवारयिष्यामो मधु भक्षयतो वयम् || ५-६२-१९
19. aagachchhata iha = come here; gachchhaama = let us go; vaarayiShyaamaH = let us prevent; balena = by our force; vaanaraan = the monkeys; baladarpitaan = who are proud of their strength; bhakShayataH = and who are consuming; madhu = the honey.
"Come here let us go there and prevent by our force, the monkeys who are arrogant of their strength and are consuming the honey."
श्रुत्वा दधि मुखस्य इदम् वचनम् वानर ऋषभाः |
पुनः वीरा मधु वनम् तेन एव सहिता ययुः || ५-६२-२०
20. shrutvaa = hearing; idam = these; vachanam = words; dadhimukhasya = of Dadhimukha; vaanara R^iShabhaaH = the foremost among the monkeys; viiraaH = who display heroism; sahasaa = quickly; yayaH = went; punaH = again; madhu vanam = to Madhuvana; tena eva = along with that Dadhimukha.
Hearing these words of Dadhimukha, the foremost of those monkeys who displayed their heroism, quickly went again to madhuvana along with him.
मध्ये च एषाम् दधि मुखः प्रगृह्य सुमहातरुम् |
समभ्यधावत् वेगेना ते च सर्वे प्लवम्गमाः || ५-६२-२१
21. pragR^ihya = grasping; tarum = a tree; dadhimukhaH = Dadhimukha; samabhyadhaavat = ran; vegenaa = with speed; eShaam madhye = towards the middle of those monkeys; sarve = all; te = those; plavaN^gamaaH cha = monkey-followers too (ran).
Grasping a tree, Dadhimukha speedily took up his position in the middle of those monkeys in Madhuvana. All his follower-monkeys also ran with him.
ते शिलाः पादपान् च अपि पाषाणान् च अपि वानराः |
गृहीत्वा अभ्यागमन् क्रुद्धा यत्र ते कपि कुन्जराः || ५-६२-२२
22. te kruddhaaH vaanaraaH = those enraged monkeys; gR^ihiitvaa = taking; shilaaH = rocks; paadapan cha api = trees; parvataamshchaapi = and even mountains; abhyaagaman = went; yatra = were; te = those; kapi kuNjaraaH = foremost of monkeys (were there).
Those enraged monkeys, taking rocks, trees and even mountains, went to the place wehre those foremost of monkeys were there.
ते स्वामि वचनम् वीरा हृदयेष्व् अवसज्य तत् |
त्वरया हि अभ्यधावन्त साल ताल शिला आयुधाः || ५-६२-२३
23. te = those; viiraaH = heroic monkeys; avasajya = keeping; hR^idayeShu tat svaami vachanam = the words of their master in mind; tvarayaa = briskly; abhyadhaavanta = ran; saala taala shilaa aayudhaaH = with Sala trees; palm trees and rocks as their weapon.
Those heroic monkeys, keeping the words of their master in mind, briskly ran with Sala trees, palm trees and rocks as their weapons.
वृक्षस्थान् च तलस्थान् च वानरान् बल दर्पितान् |
अभ्यक्रामन्त ते वीराः पालाः तत्र सहस्रशः || ५-६२-२४
24. tat = then; viiraaH = the valiant; paalaaH = guards of the grove; sahasrashaH = running; in thousands; abhyakraaman = invaded; vaanaraan = the monkeys; vR^iSasthaan cha = who were on trees; talasthaan cha = at the foot of the trees; bala darpitaan = and who wee arrogant of their strength.
Then, the valiant guards of the grove running in thousands invaded the monkeys who were on trees, at the foot of the trees and who were arrogant of their strength.
अथ दृष्ट्वा दधि मुखम् क्रुद्धम् वानर पुम्गवाः |
अभ्यधावन्त वेगेन हनूमत् प्रमुखाः तदा || ५-६२-२५
25. atha = thereupon; dR^iSTvaa = seeing; dadhimukham = Dadhimukha; kruddham = enraged; hanumat pramukhaaH = Hanuma eminent monkeys; tadaa = then; abhyadhaavanta = ran towards him; vegena = with speed.
Seeing Dadhimukha coming with anger, Hanuma along with eminent monkeys ran towards him with speed.
तम् सवृक्षम् महाबाहुम् आपतन्तम् महाबलम् |
आर्यकम् प्राहरत् तत्र बाहुभ्याम् कुपितो अन्गदः || ५-६२-२६
26. kupitaH = the enraged; aNgadaH = Angada; tatra = there; praaharat = struck; baahubhyaam = with his arms; tam = that Dadhimukha; aaryakam = the maternal uncle of his father; mahaabalam = who was endowed with extraordinary night; mahaabaahum = having long arms; aapatantam = and rushing with speed; savR^ikSham = with a tree in hand.
The enraged Angada struck there with his arms, that long-armed Dadhimukha the maternal uncle his father, who was endowed with extraordinary might and who was rushing with speed with a tree in his hand.
मद अन्धः अ न वेद एनम् आर्यको अयम् मम इति सः |
अथ एनम् निष्पिपेष आशु वेगवत् वसुधा तले || ५-६२-२७
27. mada andhaH cha = Blinded with arrogance; saH = that Angada; na veda = could not remember; enam = that being; iti = as; ayam = he (who was) mama aaryakaH = the maternal uncle of is father; atha = then; niShpipeSha = (he) crushed; enam = him; aashu = quickly; vegavat = and with speed; vasudhaatale = on the ground.
Blinded with arrogance, that Angada did not show any mercy to him on the score of his being the maternal uncle of his father and caused him at once to fall down and began to crush him against the ground.
स भग्न बाहुः विमुखो विह्वलः शोणित उक्षितः |
मुमोह सहसा वीरो मुहूर्तम् कपि कुन्जरः || ५-६२-२८
28. saH viiraH = that valiant; kapi kuN^ijaraH = elephant among the monkeys; vihvalaH = who was afflicted; sabhagna baahuurubhujaH = with his broken arms; thighs and shoulders; shoNito kShitaH = and drenched in blood; sahasaa = soon; mumoha = lost his consciousness; muhuurtam = for a moment.
That Dadhimukha, the valiant elephant among the monkeys, who was afflicted with his broken arms, thighs and shoulders, drenched as he was in blood, lost his consciousness for a moment.
स समाश्वस्य सहसा सम्क्रुद्धो राजमातुलः |
वानरान्वारयामास दण्डेन मधुमोहितान् || ५-६२-२९
29. saH raajamaatulaH = that Dadhimukha; Sugreeva's maternal uncle; sahasaa = quickly; samaashvasya = recovering his breath; samkruddha = was enraged; vaarayaamaasa = resisted; vaanaraan = those monkeys; madhumohitaan = who were infatuated because of drinking of honey; daN^Dena = by a reprimand.
That Dadhimukha, Sugreeva's maternal uncle, quickly recovering his breath, was enraged and resisted those monkeys, who were highly intoxicated because of drinking of honey, by a proper reprimand.
स कथंचित् विमुक्तः तैः वानरैः वानर ऋषभः |
उवाच एक अन्तम् आगम्य भृत्यान् तान् समुपागतान् || ५-६२-३०
30. kathamchit = somehow; vimuktaH = released; taiH vaanaraiH = by those monkeys; saH vaanara R^iShabhaH = that foremost among the monkeys; aashritya = took shelter; ekaantam = at a solitary place; uvaacham = and spoke; svaan = to his; bhR^ityaan = messengers; samupaagataan = who came there.
Somehow released by those monkeys that Dadhimukha the foremost among the monkeys, went to a solitary place and spoke to his messengers who came there (as follows):
एते तिष्ठन्तु गच्छामो भर्ता नो यत्र वानरः |
सुग्रीवो विपुल ग्रीवः सह रामेण तिष्ठति || ५-६२-३१
31. ete tiShThantu = let these monkeys stay here; gachchhaamaH = we will go; yatra = to the place where; sugreevaH = Sugreeva; naH = our; bhartaa = lord; vaanaraH = the monkey; vipula griivaH = having a thick neck; raameNa saha = along with Rama; tiShThati = are staying.
"Let these monkeys stay here. We will go to the place where the thick-necked Sugreeva, our lord of the monkeys stays together with Rama."
सर्वम् चैव अन्गदे दोषम् श्रावयिष्यामि पार्थिव |
अमर्षी वचनम् श्रुत्वा घातयिष्यति वानरान् || ५-६२-३२
32. paarthive shraavayiSyaami = I will make the king hear; sarvam = all; doSam = the misdeed; aN^gada = of Angada; shrutvaa = hearing; vachanam = my words; vaanaraan ghaatayiSyati amarSii = the king; enraged; will get the monkeys killed.
"I will make known to the king, all the misdeed of Angada. Hearing my words, the enraged king will get the monkeys killed."
इष्टम् मधु वनम् हि एतत् सुग्रीवस्य महात्मनः |
पितृ पैतामहम् दिव्यम् देवैः अपि दुरासदम् || ५-६२-३३
33. etat madhuvanam = this Madhuvana; iSTam hi = is indeed cherished; mahaatmanaH paarthivasya = by the high-souled king Sugreeva; pitR^i paitaamaham = and it derived from his father and grand-father; divyam = (It is ) so charming; duraasadam = and is dangerous to be approached; devaiH api = even by celestials.
"This Madhuvana is indeed cherished by our high-souled king, Sugreeva and it derived from his father and grand father. It is so charming, but is dangerous to be approached even by celestials."
स वानरान् इमान् सर्वान् मधु लुब्धान् गत आयुषः |
घातयिष्यति दण्डेन सुग्रीवः ससुहृज् जनान् || ५-६२-३४
34. saH sugriivaH = that Sugreeva; ghatayiShyati imaan sarvaan vaanaraan sasuhR^ij janaan = can get all these monkeys together with their companions killed; daN^Dena = as a punishment; (those monkeys are) madhulubhaan = lustful of honey; gata aayuSaH = and their longevity got reduced.
"The longevity of these monkeys got reduced, as they were very much lustful of honey. That Sugreeva can get these monkeys together with their companions, killed as a matter of punishment."
वध्या हि एते दुरात्मानो नृप आज्ञा परिभाविनः |
अमर्ष प्रभवो रोषः सफलो नो भविष्यति | ५-६२-३५
35. ete = these; duraatmanaH = evil-minded beings; nR^ipa aajJNaa paribhaavinaH = who disregarded the royal command; vadhyaaH hi = are fit to be capitally punished; naH roShaH = our anger; amarSa prabhavaH = springing from our impatience; bhaviShyati = will become; saphalaH = fruitful.
"These evil-minded beings, who disregarded the royal command, are fit to be capitally punished. Our wrath, springing from our impatience, will indeed become fruitful."
एवम् उक्त्वा दधि मुखो वन पालान् महाबलः |
जगाम सहसा उत्पत्य वन पालैः समन्वितः || ५-६२-३६
36. evam = thus; uktvaa = speaking; vanapaalan = to the garden-guards; mahaabalaH = the mighty; dadhimukhaH = Dadhimukha; sahasaa = quickly; jagaama = went; utpatya = springing up all at once; samanvitaH = together; vana paalaiH = with the garden-guards.
Thus speaking to the garden-guards, the mighty Dadhimukha quickly springing up all at once, went (to Kishkindha) together with the garden-guards.
निमेष अन्तर मात्रेण स हि प्राप्तो वन आलयः |
सहस्र अंशु सुतो धीमान् सुग्रीवो यत्र वानरः || ५-६२-३७
37. saH vana aalayaH = that Dadhimukha = the monkey; praaptaH = reached yatra = where; dhiimaan sugriivaH vaanaraH = that intelligent monkey; sugreeva (was there); nimeSha antara maatreNa = within an interval of only a moment.
That Dadhimukha, the monkey, reached the place where that Sugreeva, the intelligent monkey was there, within an interval of only a moment.
रामम् च लक्ष्मणम् चैव दृष्ट्वा सुग्रीवम् एव च |
सम प्रतिष्ठाम् जगतीम् आकाशान् निपपात ह || ५-६२-३८
38. dR^iSTvaa = seeing; raamam cha = Rama; lakShmaNam chaiva = Lakshmana; sugriivam eva cha = and Sugreeva; nipapaata = (Dadhimukha) descended; sama pratiShThaam jagatiim = to a well-leveled ground; aakaashaat = from the sky.
Seeing Rama, Lakshmana and Sugreeva, Dadhimukha descended to a level ground, from the sky.
स निपत्य महावीर्यः सर्वैः तैः परिवारितः |
हरिः दधि मुखः पालैः पालानाम् परम ईश्वरः || ५-६२-३९
स दीन वदनो भूत्वा कृत्वा शिरसि च अञ्जलिम् |
सुग्रीवस्य शुभौ मूर्ध्ना चरणौ प्रत्यपीडयत् || ५-६२-४०
39; 40. saH = mahaaviiryaH hariH dadhimukhaH = that Dadhimukha; the monkey of a great prowess; parivaaritaH = surrounded; sarvaiH taiH paalaIH = by all those garden-guards; parama iishvaaH = and the supreme lord; paalaanaam = of those guards; bhuutvaa diinavadanaH = keeping a sad face; kR^itvaa aN^jalim = making respectful salutation; shirasi = with his head; samnipatya = falling down; paryapiiDayat = touched; muurdhnaa = with his head; shubhe charaNau = the auspicious feet; sugriivasya = of Sugreeva.
That Dadhimukha of a great prowess, the supreme lord of the guards, surrounded by all those garden-guards keeping a sad face, made a respectful salutation to Sugreeva with his head, by falling down and touching with his head, the auspicious feet of Sugreeva.
- - -
इत्यार्षे श्रीमद्रामायणे आदिकाव्ये सुन्दरकाण्डे द्विषष्टितमः सर्गः
|Top of Page||1||2||3||4|
© November, 2006, K. M. K. Murthy
Check here for
The Fastest FTPS on the planet FREE Go FTP Program